Suzuki Teacher Training courses
Kathleen is a Suzuki Association of the Americas Teacher Trainer, and a Teacher Trainer for the Creative Ability Development program developed by Alice Kanack.
Training courses that can be registered as training with the Suzuki Association of the Americas:
- General (not instrument specific)
- Every Child Can!
- Specific for Flute or Recorder
- Unit training for each of the progressive repertoire books for recorder
- Practicum for recorder
- Teaching Strategies for both flute and recorder
- We can also offer other training during the summer through the Borealis Suzuki Institute.
- If there is a specific course that you need, contact Kathleen at [email protected]. We may be able to arrange for it to be offered if there is enough demand.
Creative Ability Development workshops
Creative Ability Development is a program that develops creativity through musical improvisation. Teacher workshops in how to use this approach are available in a variety of different formats.
Mentoring and Coaching
Musicians who are also teaching artists are passionate, dedicated people who care deeply for their students and thrive on performing for others. Unfortunately, their strong sense of service sometimes creates situations where they are overworked and underpaid, risking burnout and injury. After more than 40 years in this business, having learned some hard lessons ourselves, we are happy to offer our experience and support to other musicians and teachers. If you would like any help with professional development plans, studio business set up, or feedback on specific situations where you would really like another point of view, contact us at [email protected] and we can chat about it. As one of the coaches that we work with says: “You can’t read the label when you are inside the jar.” Sometimes you need someone to help you see things from the outside, when you are inside and so close to it.